Wednesday, January 6, 2010

30 weeks and 1 day, a new NEW place, and....INTERNET!

   30 weeks.  W. O. W.  I can not believe that I am almost there.  69 days until he will be here, or rather his due date will be here, who exactly knows when he will decide to be here.  I am excited to almost be able to hold Brent in my arms, and be able to see him, and know who has been living inside me thus far.  As the time has passed, I have gotten more and more uncomfortable, but more and more in awe of growing a baby.  There are still times when it stuns me to know that I am going to have a baby in such a short while.  And as the date approaches, and I read more and more about the labor and delivery and see pictures of what my body is capable of doing...it awes me and at times scares me half to death.  Like last night, whenreading my Bradley Method book, looking at the pictures, and thinking just how in the world am I going to push that GIANT baby out of a place that doesnt seem possible of stretching to that extreme.  (Yes, some may read and think TMI, but after getting pregnant, and well, Im just a person who thinks that there is no TMI when it comes to childbirth.  Maybe when my sweet husband is telling his friends about what he saw when he went walking and what ..gag....ok yeah that is TMI hehe, but to me, Ive always thought that this wasnt, and wanted to hear about it because I have always been fascinated with childbirth.  So bear with me those who dont want TMI on this, but I go forward ;) )   So yes, after seeing those pictures last night, I turned to my mom and said solemnly " There is no turning back, but I dont know how I am going to do this."  I then asked her how she did it, because she also went the natural med free birth, and she said " Well, you just do".  Its spurts like these as time has gotten closer that I wonder if my body can do what it is supposed to.  But really, I know.  I know that I can, and my body will.  I am not the first woman to do this, and it does stretch that far.  And I expect pain, but I know the end result will be a baby, so I can do it.  I am the first to admit, I am a pill popping junkie when it comes to being sick.  But after getting pregnant, I have stood my ground and taken very few things, except when highly needed or when prescribed to me.  And contrary to when I am dire pain from like period cramps *oh I get those really really really bad* where I take an obscene amount of pain killers, this labor will feel worse, but I will have a grand first place result in the end.  Period cramps give you nothing in the end, so I want the pain killers, but labor...now that gives you a baby.  At least that is why I am determined and thinking about.  But this may not be for every woman, and I think we should all write our own birth stories.  Every story is different and beautiful.  So, here it goes, this last little part of my 3 trimesters, and soon, Baby Brent will be in our arms and we can take him home and cherish this little family of Hinksons 3.
    Yep.  A new NEW place.  Wow, have we moved or what?  3 places in 3 months.  This last place though, will be the last for a loooooong while.  We got a 2 bedroom apartment, and on the 2nd floor which is the top floor.  So no loud upstairs neighbors.  Truman and I got tired of being out in the middle of nowhere and having slim communication with family and friends.  We had to drive 10 miles into town if we needed anything, and 40 miles to see friends and family.  It was just hard.  So, we decided that moving back to Alpine would be better, even if it means having to drive an hour again to see my doctor and for when the time comes when I am in labor, instead of 10 minutes.  But that is ok.  I am excited for when Brent is here and I can take him on walks like I did with Elise, and I will have pretty places to walk instead of walking through unpaved and nontrailed places.  So moving to this new place means one thing as well.  We are in DSL range.  We will once again have internet.  Yes, internet is a staple in our lives.  We will not have our dish tv anymore, because the apts do not allow it, but thats ok.  I want internet instead. 
   Well I better head off, I am going to run errands and be busy today.  So more updates later.  Love to all...and take care.

No comments: