Saturday, November 21, 2009

moving? Yes. Again? sigh, yes....

But, it will be a much better situation for us.  And this little efficiency apartment would have worked if it was just Truman and I.  Not saying I am wishing I were not pregnant, but Im saying it would be easier to live here with just adults.  Adding a newborn into the mix is just a tad more difficult especially as we strived to make the apartment liveable for a family with a baby.  It is doable, but we lack the finances to complete the plumbing, heat, and stove problems, especially before the baby is born since we have to buy quite a bit more baby stuff. 

So just where are we heading?

45 minutes towards Fort Stockton.  15 miles out of the grand big town with a Wal-Mart, and only an hour  to the city of Odessa!  No more 2 hour drives to go to the mall, or super Wal-Mart.  That is way exciting especially since we can make a little trip of going to pick out baby stuff :)   My aunt and uncle own some property (25 acres) with a 4 bedroom house.  We are going to go live with them.  They found out yesterday that they are being transfered to the San Antonio prison systems where they have wanted to live.  Both my aunt and uncle work for the prison.  They are excited about going back to San Antonio and living there, they do not plan to move back at all.  And that leaves their house.  All alone.  But! We are going to live there.  We are going to take care of their great dane---yikes for the year until they find a house and they can move him with them.  So our dogs will join him-all 3 :)  And then all their barn yard cats.  Our 3 cats will join them.  So all in all we will live pretty good out there on the ranch.  Depending on how the court thing goes within the year for T's previous employer--lookin good so far--- if we have to stay in the area, we will buy the place.  Its nice, a little deserty for my taste, but since its on well water, I can water a little or ALOT in the front and have a nice little yard and garden.  Maybe...MAYBE eventually I will let truman have his chickens.  Not sure how I want to eat fresh eggs and fresh chicken.  Im a bit weird like that.  Its more about the whole I just saw this chicken outside yesterday....and oops cracked open an egg and out comes...ummm bleh just gagging about it.  Truman says this is impossible unless we have a rooster, and well we would not have one.  But....still.  I dont know if my mind will wrap around that completely to let me comfortably sit and eat the eggs or chicken for that matter.  We shall see.   Best part about moving?  My mom is actually allowed to visit the premises!  * I know---In Craig Fergusons voice.   Dont ask.  Long story, and too frustrating.

Lets just say that quite possibly this move may just very well be the happily ever for the time being til we know whats going on court wise and job wise.  No more moving for at least a year.  And bill wise?  Electric and rent.  And dont forget we would like to have internet, satellite and phone, thats one pretty package in one low price as it always has been.  So 3 bills...ooops 4.  Forgot insurance.  But 4!  And all that tallies waaaaaay below what we have ever paid.  Very nice.  And to top it off, I am sure our grocery bill will be cut in 1/2 because we will be able to shop at Wal mart instead of Porters which is about 2/3rds jacked up in price.  Go to Porters (either) and spend 100.00, you can come out with maybe 3 bags of groceries IF you are lucky.  Go to Wal mart and spend 100.00.....I can fill the back of my car with groceries.  Take that Porters Monopoly!


Baby wise.

We are doing great.  He is tumbling, rumbling, kicking, and grooving.  Some days he is more active and others I barely notice a move, which scares me but he moves a bit to let me know he is fine.  I just cant believe its almost here.  Wow.  Just wow.

Love to all.

No comments: