Sunday, November 15, 2009

Nearing 23 weeks.

In the begining of my 6th month and already at times, especially after I eat, do I feel huge.  Since packing,moving, and unpacking, I have really neglected my walking, but with my mom coming back into town, I will have a motivational walking buddy.  It will be great to have my madre back in town, where I can visit on a daily basis and be able to get back into a more suitable shape for pregnancy. 

   This baby of ours.....Boy o boy has he been moving, and kicking!  Its exciting that I feel more definate punches and kicks, and tumbles.  Alas, at times though, I feel like its a big jab that I would not be surprised if I was bruised on the inside!  And sometimes it surprises me, like when he really kicks my bladder, or something, out of the blue when he was quiet in his little home.  He seems to really enjoy the times when I drink my E7 drink- a healthy concoction that is filled with vitamins, minerals, and fruits and veggies.  For more info go to this web site- http://healthy-living.org/   My father-in-law sells this stuff and it works wonders!  There are many products on here that I have tried and will personally vouch for that they are awesome!  So after drinking my E7-preferably the power fruits flavor, but I ran out of that, so I am doing the berry blend, which is a bit more taxing to drink, not much, but the flavor is just not power fruits, and my preggie taste buds dont clap for joy when I drink it....but anyways, I drink it and our little baby boy just tumbles and moves and swishes away.  I think he likes it too, and his little body loves the nutrition from it as well. 
    I have been very blessed with some people giving/selling cheaply their baby boy clothes.  We have quite a collection going and I have seperated it into bags and into months.  And I have written down what we have and how many of what we have in each size.  This will help me when I register.  I can register for the things I really need.  I am hoping that soon we will have a nice little reserve of baby clothes and that I will not really have to register for anything baby clothes related.  That way I can register for things that we need and that will really help us....like diapers, creams, washes, boppy pillow, and things like that.  All the other little things that add up.  Of course I am also going to do cloth diapers in the begining.  I want to try them out and see how we do with them, since I was able to try them out with little Elise.  I want to use them at least until he starts eating solids, and then we shall see how well I do with washing really stinky diapers.  We will see if my stomach has solidified a bit more from the jelly substance that it is and how I cant stand anything really icky or gross.  We shall see. 

    It has been getting cooler these last two days, and I am excited.  I am hoping that the weather is gearing up to fall and soon winter.  I can not believe how fast this month has gone!  Since Halloween it seems like life has moved on the fast pace.  And now its almost Thanksgiving.  This holiday season will go by really quickly, like it usually does, and then shortly after, our little darling baby will be here.  I am excited, and nervous.  I need to read up more on the Bradley method of labor and birth, and inform myself more of what I want my brith to be like.  I know there may be obstacles or possibly my birth wont be what I want it to be exactly because of possiblities of something happening, but I am ok with that.  If my labor is normal and our baby is fine, I want my birth plan, but if something needs to happen, I am ok with what needs to be done to get our baby safely out and have him be happy and healthy.  Main goal: Happy and healthy baby.  Second goal:  My birth plan. 

  Okies, well as the time nears 9 pm...I am feeling tired...I dont get much sleep at night, so I get tired more earlier and I usually nap during the day...:) growing a baby is hard work.    So good night to all and love to all.

3 comments:

Tiana said...

I did cloth diapers with Sariah her first 4 months and it was really rough. I had to wash diapers every day and I totally lost my drive to do it. If I could do it over again I would do paper diapers the first 4 months until they stop going thru like 12 diapers a day. Sariah is down to about 4 diapers a day and it would be way easier now to do cloth. Anyway, just my little bit of cloth diaper experience passing it on.

Truman and Vanessa said...

Yeah, I am going to try it out. I think 12 diapers a day would add up lol...and with our financial situation, with the exception of having to buy them at first, which may be expensive, it will be better if we do cloth for awhile then turn to disposable. I am researching cloth diapers, and relying on my knowledge on the cloth diapers usage that I had with the little girl Elise that I watched for a year and a half. If you have a brand you like let me know! I welcome any advice you have on cloth diaper usage, or babies in general :)

Gretch said...

Growing a baby is hard work!
I didn't really realize it during my pregnancy, but especially now when I look back. It is a lot of uncomfortable things all affecting you, the mommy!!

But it is so cool too. I loved having hank inside! It was so fun to feel him move. I loved being so connected with him! Love you guys!! :)