Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Its A Boy!!!!

So after a very looong ultrasound in which the tech guy kept trying to look at what we would be having in 4 months, baby was very persistent in not letting him view anything that would tell us if it would be a boy or a girl.  So Dr. George said we would look at everything else and measure and such and then look again.  Baby had his legs covering the area and not wanting to move it out of the way for anything.  He made several attempts to take a peek in between measuring and looking but to no avail.  We tried to get a 3d picture of baby's face, but he had his hand covering his face and would not move it to get a good picture.  Finally he moved it, but turned his head towards the placenta so we could not see him at all.  Baby is very stubborn.  He wants to be a surprise apparently.  During the last few minutes, Dr. George said we would have another look.  And low and behold, baby moved his leg for a few moments and let him see his little boy parts.  Truman said he kept saying little prayers so that we would be able to find out what we were having.  As was I.  During the first part of the ultrasound, Dr. George said it looked like a girl, but the leg was covering most of the area, and so was not sure.  He said its more easier to make a mistake on it being a girl than a boy.  A boy could be hiding the parts, and so could be mistaken for a girl, but if he sees the parts, then most definetly it is a boy.  After the ultrasound, Truman and I went to Walmart and indulged a bit.  We bought a package of boy onesies, and a bottom piece.  I even bought an Ariel pj set that Truman scoped out for Elise *the little girl I used to watch, but who now resides in PA*.  We then had dinner with my aunt, her son, and a few friends from church who lived in stockton.  It was a great anniversary day for Truman and I.  We got back to Alpine, and then stopped at a friends house who has a little boy and who is growing out of his clothes and bought a few bags of clothes off her so that she could take the rest to Kid's Kloset.  I appreciate that she held on to her boy and girl clothes til we were able to find out what we were having.  Truman and I wanted to have a girl, because of little Elise, she was so much fun to be around, but buying the boy clothes and thinking of boy names, its been so very exciting and I know my brothers are excited to have their first nephew, as my mom is excited to have her first grandchild.  And maybe someday we will have a girl, and I am exited that this baby boy will be her big brother.  And that we get to start our family with him.  He is such a blessing and Truman and I have treasured him since July 4th, 2009, which is the day we found out that we were pregnant with him.  Another thing too....its another priesthood holder in our household.  That, my friends and family...is very exciting!  We are truly blessed.  I am excited that I will have the opportunity to raise our child, our baby boy to adulthood. 
  Name wise, Truman and I have not decided yet, but are close.  But I think we are going to announce the name after he is born. 
  Love to all!

1 comment:

Tiana said...

Wahoo for a nephew!